Hope for Haiti Trip Updates
Hello! You may have heard about Resonate Youth's Hope for Haiti project. They are planning a trip to Haiti in the spring and they need our help. Below is a list of updates for their trip including costs, ways to donate, prayer requests and fundraising information.
Haiti Trip 2017
Resonate Youth and team
Dates: March 26 - April 1, 2017
Everything needs to be paid for 45 days before the trip – February 9, 2017.
Contact Beth to get involved: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trip cost is $100 per person, per day. This includes:
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Transportation to and from ministry sites
- 2 Haitian Translators
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Purified drinking water
- Lodging in our 20-person mission house
- Electricity (running the generator as necessary)
- Airfare: Currently about $600 round-trip per person.
Total per person: approximately $1200
The team would also like to bring a 300 or 400 gallon water drum to install which costs: $300 or $400.
- Solar Lights are $17.95 each and can be bought at REI or on Amazon. You can bring these to Gathering on Sunday.
- Clean water: our goal is to raise money to purchase a water drum that we will install when we go in March (Or as many as possible!)
- Prayer requests:
· Health and protection: the south, which was devastated from the hurricane, has now fought a non-stop rain. This is causing more flooding and damage and increasing the Cholera outbreak.
· Revival: that the Holy Spirit would continue to breathe life into the country and bring about a revival that overwhelms all who are stuck in the bondage of darkness.
· Restoration: the places which have been destroyed are met with the restoring and redeeming power of Christ in ways which are undeniable.
· Sending us: preparing our hearts for the work and responding to God’s call.
Ideas for raising money for the trip:
- Bake Sale
- Asking local businesses to support (and we serve them in some way)
- Bottle can collecting
- Support letters
- Doing jobs for people (for example: raking leaves, cleaning houses, doing yard work, fixing stuff, watching pets, babysitting, door-to-door stuff, weeding, running errands for people…)
- Getting ideas for how others raised money